Why choose fourteeneighteen
If you want to understand what happened to a soldier in the First World War, learn more of his personal and family circumstances and perhaps prove a family legend, you will find no better friend and advisor than fourteeneighteen.
With thousands of soldiers researched for thousands of clients since 2002, we have built highly efficient and effective methods, unmatched knowledge and a unique repository of information. Your project will be in safe hands.
Understand your soldier's story
Are you a family historian, trying to find what happened to a relative in 1914-1918? Or perhaps you are researching a local war memorial or the men of a particular unit? This is where our experience and expertise comes in.
Follow in his footsteps
We are finding that more and more of our clients, inspired by what they have learned through our work, want to go to see the battlefields for themeselves. In some cases it is a pilgrimage to the site where a man lost his life, identified in detail through our work.
Research for the media
fourteeneighteen is trusted by the producers of great TV and radio work on the subject of the First World War. In the last two years we have worked with
- Wall to Wall (part of Warner Brothers Television Products UK) for BBC's series "Who do you think you are"?
- The BBC for "The Great War interviews"
- ITV for "Britain's secret treasures"
- Chocolate Media for Julian Fellowes' "Blenheim: a house at war"
- BBC Shropshire for featuring our Chris Baker in a radio phone-in show on the subject of researching soldiers
- A Premiership football club for a Great War project
Place your order now
Choosing to work with fourteeneighteen means confidence that you will get the best results possible, with the greatest insight into your soldier’s story, and at a very competitive price.